Wais Islam is Fernhill’s Chief Economist and Global Policy Adviser based in London, UK.
A former Higher Executive Officer in the Home Office he was an elected Labour councillor (2006-2010) and London 2012 Olympic Ambassador in London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
He graduated with a 2:1 BA(Honours) in Economics and Business from London Guildhall University and attained a Postgraduate Diploma, having studied MSc in Public Policy from the world famous Queen Mary, University of London.
He has worked in E-Commerce for NatWest Group Head Office in London, various regeneration initiatives, serving in planning and development as well as pensions and investments committees.
Wais has an extensive professional consultancy background in UK real estate including residential and commercial assets as well as luxury and budget hotel markets.
He brings a wealth of knowledge in policy making and public private partnerships as he fully supported the completion of the £1bn Royal London Hospital, the £9bn London Olympic stadium for the London 2012 Games and the Sports Physiotherapy Department in Mile End Hospital, London.
Wais has extensive networks in international trade and industry including banking and finance as well as construction and public infrastructure development.
Wais is keen to work with Bangladeshi stakeholders at all levels to help improve the overall quality of life for Bangladeshi people. Wais supports public and private initiatives to grow the economy of Bangladesh and promote the country globally for international trade and development initiatives. He is keen to address climate change issues through sustainable and eco-friendly development initiatives and educational partnerships supported by the United Nations.
Wais strongly believes that Bangladesh’s economic growth will exceed current levels if we engage the country’s talented women and young enterpreneurs more and continue to help young people with education and training and by creating employment opportunities enabling them to maximise their personal growth potential.
Wais believes that Fernhill will be able to develop corporate social responsibility programmes for successful Bangladeshi firms, creating a fairer and stronger society with plenty of employment and training opportunities as well as health initiatives.
Wais is very accessible and can be reached on +447903028392
MD.SALAHUDDIN ACS,VAT AGENT & ADVISER,ITP,LL.B
Mr.Md.Salahuddin has a thriving practice on Corporate Secretarial Services, Tax and VAT Advisory, Business Advisory , Capital Market Advisory, Accounting and Financial Consultancy, Management Consultancy , IT system implementation and design, Internal control: traditional and IT environment, IPO Assistance, Banking ,Finance and Securities, Land & Real-Estate, Labour & employment company and corporate matters. Setting up Provident, Gratuity, Pension Funds , Insurance, Trademarks, Copyrights, He handles foreign investment and corporate return filing matters. He has personally advised & represented various parties in the acquisition ,transfer and mortgage of land.
He is as associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries of Bangladesh (ICSB) , NBR Approved VAT AGENT ( None Resident Consultant ) & ADVISER ,ITP ,LL.B and registered member of Dhaka Bar Association.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Strategy Consultant
Area of expertise:
- QuickBooks online/ Xero/ Wave/ Sage Peachtree and other Cloud-based accounting systems
- Business Process Audit
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)
- Cost and Management Audit
- Internal Control Assessment and finding the weaknesses
- Preparing Short-term Business plan
- Preparing Long-term Business Plan based on historical trend and upcoming events
- Construction of Financial Distress Predictive Models using IBM-SPSS Software.
- Financial Feasibility Study for start-ups
- Scenario planning and strategic response
- New Venture Definition and Business Plans
- Construction of Market Specific Financial distress Models
- Project Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
University of Leicester, UK with First Class, Marks: 72% in 2014
Thesis title “Predictive capability of financial ratio for forecasting of corporate bankruptcy”.
- SC from University of Dhaka in 1990
- CMI-Level 7 Certificate (Strategic Management and Leadership Program) from Chartered Management Institute, UK in 2017.
- CIMA DIP MA (CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting) from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK in 2016.
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant) from Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Australia in 2007.
- CMA (Part Qualified) from Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh in 1997.
Name of the Organization: SAM & Associates Ltd, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Company Profile: SAM& Associates is a renownedCost and management consultancy firm in Bangladesh specialized in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Digital Transformation, ERP Implementation partnership, Business Advisory services, Taxation consultancy, IT Consultancy.
Designation: Senior Consultant (Corporate Strategy) (November 2019 – Present)
Client Advisory Responsibilities: –
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- QuickBooks/ XERO/ Sage Peachtree and others cloud-based Accounting system consultancy
- Virtual Working Environment consultancy
- Digital Transformation
- ERP Implementation partnership
- Business Advisory services
- VAT/ Tax consultancy
- Corporate Valuation
Name of the Organization: LSF & Co. Management Consultancy, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Company Profile: LSF & Co. is a leading management consultancy firm in Bangladesh specialized in Business Advisory services, Taxation consultancy, IT Consultancy, Executive Education, Cost and Management Audit.
Designation: Corporate Strategy Specialist (Apparel & Textile Sector) (May 2019 –October 2019)
Business Development Projects:- Knit Concern Apparel Group, Godnail, Narayongonj (100% export oriented Apparel manufacturer).
Client Advisory Responsibilities: –
- In depth analysis of Production efficiency and identifying raw material (Yarn, GREY Fabric, Dyeing Chemicals, Finished Fabrics, Accessories) waste leakage points.
- Comparative analysis of Production capacity and actual capacity.
- Benchmarking of business processes (Production Process, Operating Process, Logistics Process etc) with the Apparel & Textile industry best practices.
- Advising on necessary measures to bridge the Gaps between the industry standard and existing practices.
- Identifying the manufacturing process and department KPIs.
- Identifying the Manufacturing process wastage points and setting up of accountability measures.
Name of the Organization:National Investment Corporation, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Company Profile: National Investment Corporation is a semi-government organization owned by a prominent Royal family of Abu Dhabi. The group business interest includes construction, maintenance and operations of Commercial Real Estate, High-end shopping centers, Five-star Hotels, Health clubs.
Designation:Chief Accountant (Aug’2006 to May’2019)
- Managing & supervising of accounting information system.
- Review and analysis of the departmental financial performances & generating & submitting reports.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results.
- Review Tax transactions and ensure correct allocation of respective transaction as per tax codes.
- Ensure Tax details reports are in compliance with the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) regulations.
- Maintaining Liaison with banks and financial institutions.
- Supporting and Year-end Audit Program.
- Supporting External Auditors for Interim Audit & also the internal auditors.
- Coordinating with other departments for facilitating cross departmental functions.
- Review supplier contracts to ensure legal and company policy compliance.
- Supervise accountants to prepare internal reports related to Revenue, Expense, Fixed Assets, Payable, Receivables, Payroll, Service contracts.
- Ensure payments and commitments are executed in accordance with payment terms of contracts, authority matrix and company policy.
- Preparation and compilation of yearly budget, monthly and quarterly& mid-year financial forecasts.
- Train team members on Tax regulations, Accounting Standards compliance, MS Dynamics GP (Accounting System) functionality, FRX (Reporting tool) functionality.
- Reduced Project cost and optimized project duration by applying project management methodology for Capital Expenditures& Collaborating with Banks for project finance and financial facilities.
- Minimized revenue loss by Introducing Fast on boarding and clearance process for the merchants.
- Successful Implementation of Micro Soft Dynamics 365 (ERP System).
- Served as a key member during ERP System Installation work.
- Implementation of CRM to optimize customer relationship and revenue collection.
- Formulated Departmental Strategies & implemented several cost reduction techniques.
- Reduced Accounts Receivable from AED 100 million to AED 40 million.
- Disbursing & Monitoring Budget for mega projects with approximate value of AED 4 billion.
Name of the Organization: ADCOMGroup Limited, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Company Profile: ADCOM Manufacturing Group is a Government controlled manufacturing facility with business interest in manufacturing of Military equipment including UAV (Unmanned Ariel Vehicles), Small arms, Armored military vehicles, etc.
Designation:Senior Accountant(February 1998 – July 2006)
Responsibilities and Major Contributions: –
- Implementation of Project /Contract Profitability analysis, Project wise costing & cash flow forecast.
- Supporting External Auditors for completion of year-end and interim Audit programs.
- Set up and administer accounting systems & Design & implemented Computerized accounting system.
- Examine financial records and transactions & Ensured accuracy & compliance to accounting standards.
- Review general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure monthly management reporting is done within agreed time frame.
- Analyse& prepare financial statements and reports & Compile annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Provided information on financial status by preparing special reports such as weekly & monthly sales report and monthly operational expenses status.
- Prepared transaction flow chart and documentation procurement process, Leasing Process, Payment Process, Review general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations.
- Designed Financial reporting template and introduced new analytical reports as per higher management requirement
Name of the Organization: AMCO Fashions Ltd. (A 100% Export oriented Garments and Apparel Manufacturer) Dhaka, Bangladesh
Designation : Financial Accountant (August 1996 – January 1998)
Responsibilities: –Recording Transactions, Bank Reconciliation, Payment Processing, Staff Payroll processing, Financial Management, Financial Reporting.
Specialized Computer and Technological Skills:
1) Zendesk, Citrix, Dropbox, Google Drive, SharePoint, and other communication tools.
2) QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics 365, XERO, Sage 50cloud Accounting Systems.
3) Uploading mass transactions/ yearly budget in Accounting Systems from MS Excel or CSV files.
Soft Skills: Public Speaking, Leadership, Negotiation, Persuasion
Language: Fluent in Bangla and English
Email : email@example.com
Phone No: +8801715015231
Advocate at Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Specialize on – eCOMMERCE, IT & EXPERT IN ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING LAW & POLICIES
He gathered knowledge from Centre for Transnational Crime Prevention; Faculty of Law, University Of Wollongong, Australia.
Area of Concentration:
- Anti Money Laundering laws and policies. Centre for Transnational Crime Prevention, UOW.
- Master of Laws in Law and Information Technology (LL.M. in Law & IT),
Areas of study: Contracts and E-commerce Law, Egovernance, Privacy & Data protection, Intellectual Property Law, Telecommunication Law, Freedom of Information, Cyber crime, Swedish Law and Informatics Research Institute, Department of Law, Stockholm University.
He was Casual Academic Centre for Transnational Crime Prevention; Faculty of Law, University Of Wollongong; (Autumn 2010) Subject area was Financial crime.
- He was Research Assistant of World Bank’s Legal and Judicial Capacity Building Project, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Supervised by Canadian CIDA). Also assisted the Law Commission of Bangladesh in its research on review of legal education system of Bangladesh (April 2004 – August 2005) &
- Research Assistant Commission on E-Business, IT and Telecoms, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Paris, France; Assisted the policy managers in their research on IT and Telecom business laws and policies; (June- July 2006)
Mobile No: + 8801711035587
Versatile, result oriented and highly energized individual with a broad experience in understanding & identifying service delivery mechanism & business focused CS solution. Proven capability to improve productivity while maintaining the balance between cost and service delivery. Hands-on experiences in leading teams and keep them focused and productive beyond organizational expectation. Ability to develop and manage relationship across the organization based on trust, teamwork, experience and knowledge.
Strategic Planning Employee Engagement Quality Assurance
Project Management Learning & Development Operation Management
Training Management Induction & Orientation Program Performance Management
Coaching & Counseling Change Management Process Improvement
MY OUTSOURCING LIMITED, House # 37, Road # 27, Block A, Banani, Dhaka 1212
Position: Sr. Project Manager, Project & Skill Management
From: March, 2016 to the date
- Determine call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Maintain and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; managing process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Accomplish call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meet call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; liaising with supervisors, team leaders, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues;
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Participate in and advise senior management regarding strategies and relationships, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks
- Center in Charge for the Project of Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP). The government of Bangladesh has initiated a “Skills for employment investment program”, managed by Skills Development Coordination and Management Unit (SDCMU), under the MoF with funding from ADB for multi-tranche financing facility for 2014-2023 to train 1.5 million people with 70 % job placement.
- Coordinated the Project of Employment Incentive Program – Support To Development Of Kaliakoir Hi-Tech Park. The core objective of the Employment Incentive Program was to provide training and developing human resources for Kaliakoir Hi-Tech Park. Thirty (30) people were trained and appointed for job after completion of the project.
- Certified Industry Specialist Assessor of Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP) Appointed by Bangladesh Association of Call Center & Outsourcing (BACCO).
- Appointed as the Management Representative (MR) for conducting internal quality audits to ensure that the QMS conforms to the ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System) Certification Services within the company quality standard.
TEAM CREATIVE (CHAMPS21.COM), (Initiative of The Daily Star, A Concern of Transcom Group)
Position: Project Manager, Technical Department
From: April, 2010 to February, 2016
- Developing project documents, flow chart and project guidelines
- Coordinating and communicating with different Govt. Ministries
- Coordinating and managing project resources between different vendors and escalating where necessary.
- HR recruitment for process and conduct training for agents
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Managing and leading the technical team
- Coordinating and managing project resources between departments and escalating where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Managing Google Developer Console and publishing the Apps in Play Store
- Ensure daily operational planning with available manpower, shift wise following up and monitoring.
- Regular monitoring of critical factors/pending issues.
- Follow up the quality of feedback to customers and give improvement feedback to respective concerned.
- Follow up of SLA (Service Level Agreement) with stakeholders and notify when required.
- Arrange town hall meeting regularly and share update on performance, action plans and engagement activities.
- Identify and arrange necessary training and development initiatives for team to serve the customers efficiently.
- Make sure that communication with the team is made on time and effectively (verbally, mail, SMS/Other ).
- Give constructive, specific feedback and guide on action to ensure expected output from the team.
- Implement customer service delivery guideline within the team to ensure unique customer experience or to improve existing service delivery process/system and suggest mitigation plan to improve better customer experience.
- Develop team members through involving, enabling, coaching, and providing direction & feedback to ensure expected and real time service delivery.
- Perform team staffing duties, including roster management, salary & ergonomic issue follow up; refereeing disputes/grievance matters and administering disciplinary procedure within the.
- Conduct monthly formal feedback session with direct reports to share performance related observation and to ensure achievement of individual performance indicators (KPI) through structured follow up mechanism.
- Coordinated the Project School 2021 Digital School Management System, a Govt. funded project initiated by Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC). The objective of the project is to implement the Digital School Management System into 100 high schools, 64 school from district HQ (1 from each district), and 36 Schools from divisional HQs. The objective of the project is to digitalize the schools involving the main stakeholders i.e. school management, teachers, students and parents bringing all of them into a single platform for interaction.
- Lead the Development Team of Champs21.com, a web based application for educational resources. Champs21.com primarily offering a self-assessment test service to assess students’ own strengths and weaknesses in Mathematics and Science towards stronger academic foundation. It also enables students to brush up their ‘beyond-textbook’ learning in both Bangla and English languages. Another area of scholastic focus of this approach covers General Knowledge, IQ, and Current Affairs in its extra curriculum section.
- Lead the Development Team of The Daily Star, the Online News Portal of Bangladesh’s leading English newspaper updating 24/7 with latest, breaking, politics, business, technology, world, entertainment, sports, lifestyle and crime news.
- Lead the Development Team of ClassTune.com, a web based School Management System and Mobile APP. ClassTune is the bridge among Students, Parents and Teachers. It is the easiest and quickest way for School Administrator to connect anyone related to School in a single platform.
AAMRA INFOTAINMENT LIMITED, (A Company of Aamra Group)
Position: Assistant Manager, Web Development
From: August, 2000 to April 2010
- Manage and conducted regular reviews for web development process.
- Maintained multiple web development projects and managed various project management tools.
- Assisted tasks to web development members and ensured high quality in production.
- Scheduled project calendar and maintained regular records of project status and submitted it to management.
- Analyzed process and recommended necessary improvements to process.
- Coordinated with internal and external clients and developed various solutions to problems.
- Coordinated more then 500+ Web Development Projects
- Lead the Technical Team of Bangladeshinfo.com, the First Online News Portal of Bangladesh
- Lead the Technical Team of 2funmail.com, the First Online Gaming Portal of Bangladesh
- Lead the Technical Team of Closeup1.com, the First TV Reality Show of Bangladesh
- MBA (Major in Human Resource Management) from ASA University, Dhaka
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) from National University, Gazipur
- Computer Professional Information System Management Certificate (CPISM) Aptech Computer Education,
- Certificate Course on Data Entry System Management.
- Quality Standards ISO 9001:2015 (QMS) Certification Training.
- Occupational Health and Safety by BRAC and BEF.
Operating Systems & Applications: Proficiency & sound knowledge on various operating systems, MS-Office based applications (MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-Visio, Smartsheet for defining the project tasks, JIRA for Team Management and issue tracking & Github for Project Repository.
Consultant (Need Basis):
PPP Procurement, Projects Due-Diligence & Technical Evaluation
After graduating BSc in Civil Engineering from BUET (Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Batch-94) with CGPA: 3.20 in a scale of 4 in 2001, Mr. Islam did his Masters in Public Affairs (MPA) specializing in International Economic Relations (IER) from Bangladesh Institute of Governance and Management (BIGM, former Civil Service College), Dhaka University CGPA: 3.33 in a scale of 4 in 2018.
He was a Civil engineer cum Project Monitoring Consultant at the Public Private Partnership Authority; Prime Minister’s Office, Dhaka, Bangladesh and currently associated with Invesco Global Ltd as a PPP Project Coordinator.
Major role in PPP & Infrastructure Projects:
- Developing and updating project action plans and liaising with relevant stakeholders to monitor progress of Kamalapur Railway hospital PPP Project during project feasibility state;
- Identifying requirements for the project including the amount of land, critical inputs, utility services, site location, connectivity infrastructure and access arrangements that will need to be provided / secured;
- Providing project management support over the project development and procurement phase and assisting in the evaluation of PPP proposals over the procurement phase;
- Identifying requirements for the project including the amount of land, critical inputs, utility services, site location, connectivity infrastructure and access arrangements that will need to be provided / secured.
- Preliminary topographical survey, preliminary estimates of land development issues and survey on existing land condition including site land profile and access to the land,
- identification of facilities and amenities in the project facility (e.g. utility management including power, water, gas etc.).
- Prepare an indicative layout along with area allocation for different components for the
- Project especially for hospital component and commercial complex component.
- Prepare estimates of capital and operating costs for each component of the Projects.
- Develop required technical design, site layout plan, master plan and o their graphical presentation etc.
- Identify Minimum Project Requirements / capacity for each of the project components to be developed by the private developer along with phasing (if applicable) – with list of activities.
- Prepare broad output specification; define key performance indicators (KPIs) and service and operational standards (as applicable) for each of the project components in association with other project consultants, Line ministry and PPP Authority
An associate member of the ICAI with 12+ years of experience in areas encompassing corporate and project finance, M&A activities, IPOs, strategic finance and taxation systems in a number of industries in India, UK and Bangladesh. He is specialized in mentoring and building the team invest in relationship and build trust mastering in meeting the deadline expert in mentoring relationship depth Knowledge of the market.
Hasnine Taslim is the Strategic Marketing Consultant to Fernhill Consulting House. He was involved with all major projects for Fernhill. He has over 8 years working experience in advertising, finance, insurance, retail sectors locating in Bangladesh and UK. He has completed his study from London, UK with a Higher Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership. He carries deep domain knowledge on Media Communication and Advertising. He also keeps very good communication with television media, journalists and creative industry stakeholders. Hasnine is a member of African Renewable Energy Association (AREA).