Litigation Counsel – Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Education: LL.B. (Hon’s) from the University of Wolverhampton, UK
Member: Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Practice area: Criminal Law, Civil Law, Family Law, Divorce Mediation
He has over twelve years of experience in criminal matters in the High Court Division with a range of litigation and trial experience specially dealings in bail matters, murder trial, drugs and narcotizes issues and also expert in family matters.
He is an International Lawyer based in both London & Dhaka having sound experience in Politics & Govt. liaison as well as lobbying.
Counsel – London, UK
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +44 755 619 7760
Mr. Alam has Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. He has also completed Bachelor of Laws from the University of London and MBA in Management from the University of St Mark & St John, UK. Currently, he is pursuing Bar-at-Law degree in UK. He is an enrolled advocate of Bangladesh Bar Council.
He is very experienced in Int. Arbitration, Mediation, Immigration Laws especially laws related with Asylum cases. Apart from this he also deals with divorce matters and Tax in the UK.
He often writes column in national dailies on legal and political issues. He is an Organising Secretary of Bangladesh Law Association UK and a student member of Lincoln’s Inn.
Head of Laws – UK & EU
Email : email@example.com
Phone No : +44 789 7003867
- Member of Amnesty International Human Rights UK
- Member of East London University Alumni UK
- Member of Dhaka Bar Association, Bangladesh
- Member of Bar Council Association, Bangladesh
- Executive Member of National Woman Lawyers’ Association
- M. On Human Rights, East London University, London, United Kingdom, Grade: B, Year: 2009-2010
- M. On International Law, Dhaka University, Bangladesh, Grade: First Class, Year: 1999 – 2000.
- Bar Vocational Course (BVC), Bangladesh Bar Council, Grade: Very Competent, Year: 1998 – 1999.
- B (Honours), Dhaka University, Bangladesh, Grade , High 2.1, Year: 1996 – 1998.
July 2015 -Till Date: Office Administrative, Sovereign Global Consultants Ltd, 507 Cambridge Heath Road London E2 9 BU.
Duties: Helping throughout the all brunches of the organisation, Data entry on the base of Company Accounts, Prepared and collect the invoices, Email and others Stuff.
October 2013- June2014: Office Administrative, LPS, 31 Fair cross Parade, IG11 8UW.
Duties: Providing valuable help throughout the organisation, Like data entry specialists, customer service representatives and a variety of other office Stuff.
July 2013- August 2013: Voluntary Consultant, ELREC, 14 Forth Street, Edinburgh Scotland EH1 3LH.
Duties: Advising clients over the telephone and in person in various areas of Human Rights, Education Law (School admission and exclusion), Small Claims, Personal injury Law, Land Lords & Tenants etc
October 2009 – December 2009: Research Assistant, IFF Research, BBC World Services Trust, 16 Church Street, London N1 6DD.
Duties: It was a research project related to Bangladeshi diaspora and I have carried out a research on working Interviewing to Bengali people in the research areas and raise awareness of development issues among mass audiences and behaviours amongst less privileged communities through a wide range of educational development and build capacity in the media sector in developing and transitional countries.
March 2006 – 10th February 2009: LECTURER, Department of Law, BRAC UNIVERSITY, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: To prepare lectures on various areas of Tort, Contract, Muslim law, Jurisprudence, Transfer of Property Act. & Human Rights Law. To be responsible for dealing with referred issues for students within own educational programs. To resolve problems affecting the delivery of courses within the own educational program and in accordance with University regulations and also Students counselling session.
October 2007 – January 2009: SENIOR LECTURER, Department of Law, Atish Dipankar University of Science & Technology (ADUST), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: To design, develop and deliver a range of programs of teaching to students, to enable them to complete their studies successfully, and to determine, develop and carry out relevant independent research projects to extend knowledge of the appropriate subject area. To determine relevant research objectives and prepare research proposals. To disseminate concepts and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding. To be responsible for dealing with referred issues for students within own educational programs. To resolve problems affecting the delivery of courses within own educational program, and in accordance with University regulations.
November 2004 – March 2006: LAW OFFICER, Land Reform Board, Land Ministry, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: Monitoring of all litigations and providing an opinion on the legal issues related to land and property and others.
March 1999 – May 2003: RESEARCHER, Legal Aid Services & Trust, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: It was a project on the registration of marriages and divorces in Bangladesh. The research was carried out in 28 districts out of 6 Divisions in Bangladesh following a method of interviewing. Both men and woman were interviewed. I have written a report that has explored the marriage and divorce system in both rural and urban society in Bangladesh.
A research paper titled, “The Code of Civil Procedure and causes of delay in the disposal of civil suits in Bangladesh”.
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS ATTENDED
- The second training of trainer (TOT), Course on Gender & Development (GAD) From 23 July-04 August 2005, jointly organized by Academy for Planning and Development & Ministry of Woman and Children Affairs Supported by United Nations Development Program
- Gender sensitization Program (GSTP), 2000, organized by Legal Education and Training Institute (LETI), Bangladesh Bar Council and The Canadian International Development Agency
- Clinical Legal Education Program (CLEP), 1997, organized by Ford Foundation in the Faculty of Law, Dhaka University
- English for Law (EFL), 2000 organized by Legal Education and Training Institute (LETI), Bangladesh Bar Council
PRIZES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Postgraduate Scholarship of Dhaka University in obtaining First Class in LL.M
- 1999: Graduate Scholarship of Dhaka University, High 2.1 in LL.B
- Gold Medal in Debate 1992 National debate competition in inter-college
Languages: Bengali (Fluent), English (Fluent).
I.T. Experience: Microsoft Words, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet Browsing.
Football, Cricket, tennis, Cooking , Reading books, Cinema, Music and travelling to new countries and places.
1) Prof. M. Siraj Sait
Professor and Director CIFLAC, University of East London
Phone: 020 8223 2238.
2) Mr Mark Berker
Manager, Sovereign Global Consultants Ltd
Phone: 020 7729 1255
3)Mrs Maharun Ahmmed
Bar-At-Law RMS Immigration Limited
8 Davenant Street, London E1 5NB
Phone: 020 7247 2557
Advocate and Consultant.
Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Call: 01779-020905, 01711-128687 (Cell)
Lawyer before the Honorable High Court Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and Lower Courts including Dhaka Judges Court and Labour Court, Labour Appellate Tribunal, Administrative Tribunal and Administrative Appellate Tribunal, Dhaka. Tax and customs Tribunal, Dhaka Marine Court, Dhaka etc
Experience: 7 years
Cell No: +8801716409520
LITIGATION (Civil ) especially Artha Rin Suit and Money Suit:
Drafting Legal Notice, Reply to the Legal Notice, Drafting Notice/warning notice and notice for publication in the news papers, Drafting Plaint/ Written Objection, Drafting interlocutory application/objection/ attachment/injunction, Hearing of the interlocutory matter, Taking Routine steps Hazira, Final Hearing (Examination in chief, cross examination and Argument), Execution of the Decree, Any other Miscellaneous Steps to realise the ultimate relief, Filing appeal/ revision before the Court of District Judge, Filing review application before the trial court.
Education: LL.B (Hon’s).
Practice Area: Civil Law, Criminal Law, Corporate Law .
Advocate Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Area of Expertise:
Business Valuation includes financial & legal due diligence, pre-investment feasibility study with financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, internal audit on fraud and fraudulent misrepresentations, international business transactions. He is a litigator with the rights of audience in the higher courts of Bangladesh with the experience in acting in the High Court of the Supreme Court. Instructed on a regular basis on high value corporate – commercial matters especially on contractual transactions affecting business valuation.
Mr. Aslam has decades of involvement acting as business valuation whether it is large or small in various sectors i.e. Manufacturing, Textile, Garments, Telecom etc.
- Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, 2004
- Chartered Accountancy (Advance Stage), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, UK.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Department of Finance, University of Dhaka, 1993
- Master of Commerce, Department of Finance, University of Dhaka, 1994
- Bachelor of Law, Department of Law, Prime University, 2010
- Master of Law, Department of Law, Prime University, 2012
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, 2009
- Member, Dhaka Tax Bar Association, 2010
- Member, Bangladesh Bar Council,2013
- Member, Supreme Court Bar Association, 2018
- Member, Dhaka Bar Association, 2013
- Member, Asia Pacific Risk and Insurance Association (APRIA), South Korea,2004
- Training on Computer literacy like Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project etc.
- Training on IFRS and ISA from AGN International West Asia & Africa, 2006
- Training on Professional Survey from Dhaka Survey Training Institute. 2011
- Training on QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor ISO 9001: 2008, 2013
- Training on Quantum Method, 2013
- Training on TALLY. ERP 9 for Accounting, Inventory and Payroll Management, 2014
- Training on “Communication Skill” from Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, Savar. (Under the Ministry of Public Administration, Government of Bangladesh), 2015
- Training on SPSS and STATA from Economics Department of Dhaka University.
- Conference and Publications:
- “Search for Good Governance: A Manager – Stockholder Dilemma “Co- author with Dr. ZiaulHoqueMamun, Professor, Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka. (Presented in APRIA Conference in Seoul, South Korea, 2004.
- “Conflicting Approaches of Managers and Stockholders in a Developing Country: Bangladesh Perspective” by MZ Mamun and Mohammad Aslam – Published in International Corporate Responsibilities Series, Vol-4, Page 317-335 dated July 2009.
- Attitude of Corporate Managers and Stockholders with respect to Good Governance in a Developing Country: A case study of Bangladesh” by MZ Mamun and Mohammad Aslam– Published in Asian Academy of Management Journal, Vol-10, No -2, Page 21-45 dated July 2005. (Scopus)
- Market – driven Indian Bank Merger Announcement and Stock Returns. 22nd World Conference on Applied Science, Engineering and Technology. Singapore 26-27 September 2019(Scopus)
- Computation of Multidimensional Poverty Index: A Case Study. International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering Research (IJETER) – Scopus Indexed. www. warse. Org.
- Impact of Microfinance on Poverty: Qualitative Analysis for Grameen Bank Borrowers. International Journal of Financial Research. http://ijfr.sciedupress.com(Scopus)
- Impact of Brexit on Construction Stocks listed on Bursa Malaysia. FGIC 2nd Conference on Governance and Integrity 2019, Malaysia. pages 176–188. DOI 10.18502/kss.v3i22.50.KnE Publishing Platform.
- Microfinance: A Review on institutionalist and Welfarist Approach. Research Journal of Social Science & Management. The International Journal Research Publication.
- Research On Life Long Learning. Research Journal of Commerce and Behavioral Science. The International Journal Research Publication.
- Predicting Likelihood for Loan Default Among Bank Borrowers. International Journal of Financial Research. http://ijfr.sciedupress.com (Scopus)
- Social Versus Financial Performance of Microfinance: Bangladesh Perspective. Research in World Economy. http://www.sciedupress.com/journal/index.php/rwe/article/view/16766/10426 (Scopus)
- Lecturer at Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, From 2004 (Major Subject: Business Finance, Business Strategy, Assurance, Management Information etc.)
- Part-time Lecturer, Faculty of Industrial Management, University Malaysia Pahang (UMP) (Major Subject: Principle of Management, Introduction to Cost Accounting, Project Cost and Budget Management)
- Working Countries: Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates, Djibouti, Somalia, China, Hong Kong
- Working Experience: More than 19 years
- Language: Speaking Reading Writing
English (IELTS 6.50) Good Good Good
Bangla Good Good Good
Hindi Good Workable Poor
- Employment Record:
Major Consultancy activities with ACNABIN: Fiduciary Review (Procurement Review, Financial Management Review & IT Review) for Project funded by World Bank as below;
- Local Government Support Project (LGSP): Implementing Agency: Local Government Division, Ministry of LGRD, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Emergency Cyclone Recovery and Restoration Project (ECRRP): Implementing Agency: Ministry Of Food, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of LGRD, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Secondary Education Quality and Access Enhancement Project (SEQAEP): Implementing Agency: Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP):Implementing Agency: Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- National Agricultural Technology Project (NATP): Implementing Agency: Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Fisheries and Live Stock, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Rural Transport Improvement Project (RTIP):Implementing Agency: Local Government Engineering Department, Ministry of LGRD, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
Dates Attended:April 1, 2006 to December 20, 2009
Employer: Horwath MAK ( U.K Audit and Business Advisor Firm)
Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors
P O Box 6954,
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Position: Senior Auditor and Financial Analyst
Job Responsibility broad outline:
Senior Auditor for External and Internal audit
Reviewer for Compliance for UAE Federal and State local law
Preparing feasibility study/ Project profile.
Preparing loan document and negotiating loan with the bank for funded and unfunded liability.
Dates Attended: July 1, 2005 to March 31, 2006
Employer: Hop Lun BD Ltd. (A Hong Kong Company)
Dhaka Export Processing Zone,
Position: Assistant General Manager (Accounts and Finance)
Job Responsibility broad outline: Head of the Accounts and Finance of Bangladesh operation reporting to Head office, Hong Kong.
Dates Attended: September 7, 2004 to June 30, 2005
Employer: A. Qasem& Co. (An Associated firm of Pricewaterhouse Coopers)
57, Dilkusha C/A,
Position: Manager, Audit
Job Responsibility broad outline:
Full responsibility to complete audit of a client independently (Prime clients: USAID, Dhaka Club, GSP Finance, Dhaka Stock Exchange, Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited, Mercantile Bank, Rural Electrification Board, etc.)
Dates Attended: January 1, 2000 to September 6, 2004.
Employer: Bangladesh Finance and Investment Co. Ltd.
Baitul Hossain Building (2nd Floor)
27 Dilkusha Commercial Area
Position:Vice President (Accounts & Finance)
Job Responsibility in broad outline:
Preparing monthly, quarterly and annually financial statements and Management Report.
Litigation Counsel – Dhaka Judge Court, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Education: LL.B, BSc (Hon’s) Applied Accounting (Ox.Brooks University, UK)
Member: Dhaka Bar Association
Dhaka Taxes Bar Association
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK
Association of Certified Accounting Technician (CAT), UK
Practice Area: Anti-corruption and Bribery Laws; Financial Crime and Fraud
Litigations, Antitrust and Trade Regulations, TAX, VAT & Customs Laws
His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including antitrust in trial courts.
Mr. Maruf has represented numerous clients in financial services industry. Recently, he represented a client in connection with complex commercial contract disputes. He also has experience in liquidation proceedings, insurance coverage and defense, director and officer liability, auditor liability, and bankruptcy.
Prior to joining Fernhill Consulting House, Maruf was Head of Financial and Legal Compliance of BanglaCAT Group.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: LL.B. (Hons.) LL.M. (University of Dhaka)
Diploma in Human Rights & Legal Aid
Member: Dhaka Bar Association (since 2005)
Practice Area: Civil, Criminal, Corporate and Commercial laws
As an Advocate of the District Court of Dhaka, Bangladesh with work experience in working with leading law chamber in Bangladesh on Civil, Criminal, Corporate and Commercial laws, She is now focusing on complicated matters/cases of Bank, Company and Financial Institutions
Litigation & Corporate Counsel – Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Litigation & Corporate Counsel – Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Education: LL.B (Hon’s) LL.M
Member: Student Member of Lincoln’s Inn 2014.
Member of High Court Division of Supreme Court of Bangladesh 2013.
Member of Dhaka Bar Association and enrolled as an Advocate of Bangladesh Bar Council 2008.
Practice area: Criminal Law; Civil Law; Money Laundering & Anti-Corruption Laws, Bank & Banking Laws, BSEC Laws
Litigation Counsel : Dhaka Judge Court, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Education : LL.B (Hon’s) LL.M from the University of Dhaka
Practice Area : 4 Years of experience in Corporate law, Banking & Company matters related Litigations.
E-mail : email@example.com