Advocate MD Aslam, FCA
Advocate Supreme Court of Bangladesh
Area of Expertise:
Business Valuation includes financial & legal due diligence, pre-investment feasibility study with financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, internal audit on fraud and fraudulent misrepresentations, international business transactions. He is a litigator with the rights of audience in the higher courts of Bangladesh with the experience in acting in the High Court of the Supreme Court. Instructed on a regular basis on high value corporate - commercial matters especially on contractual transactions affecting business valuation.
Mr. Aslam has decades of involvement acting as business valuation whether it is large or small in various sectors i.e. Manufacturing, Textile, Garments, Telecom etc.
- Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, 2004
- Chartered Accountancy (Advance Stage), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, UK.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Department of Finance, University of Dhaka, 1993
- Master of Commerce, Department of Finance, University of Dhaka, 1994
- Bachelor of Law, Department of Law, Prime University, 2010
- Master of Law, Department of Law, Prime University, 2012
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, 2009
- Member, Dhaka Tax Bar Association, 2010
- Member, Bangladesh Bar Council,2013
- Member, Supreme Court Bar Association, 2018
- Member, Dhaka Bar Association, 2013
- Member, Asia Pacific Risk and Insurance Association (APRIA), South Korea,2004
- Training on Computer literacy like Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project etc.
- Training on IFRS and ISA from AGN International West Asia & Africa, 2006
- Training on Professional Survey from Dhaka Survey Training Institute. 2011
- Training on QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor ISO 9001: 2008, 2013
- Training on Quantum Method, 2013
- Training on TALLY. ERP 9 for Accounting, Inventory and Payroll Management, 2014
- Training on “Communication Skill” from Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, Savar. (Under the Ministry of Public Administration, Government of Bangladesh), 2015
- Training on SPSS and STATA from Economics Department of Dhaka University.
- Conference and Publications:
- “Search for Good Governance: A Manager – Stockholder Dilemma “Co- author with Dr. ZiaulHoqueMamun, Professor, Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka. (Presented in APRIA Conference in Seoul, South Korea, 2004.
- “Conflicting Approaches of Managers and Stockholders in a Developing Country: Bangladesh Perspective” by MZ Mamun and Mohammad Aslam – Published in International Corporate Responsibilities Series, Vol-4, Page 317-335 dated July 2009.
- Attitude of Corporate Managers and Stockholders with respect to Good Governance in a Developing Country: A case study of Bangladesh” by MZ Mamun and Mohammad Aslam– Published in Asian Academy of Management Journal, Vol-10, No -2, Page 21-45 dated July 2005. (Scopus)
- Market - driven Indian Bank Merger Announcement and Stock Returns. 22nd World Conference on Applied Science, Engineering and Technology. Singapore 26-27 September 2019(Scopus)
- Computation of Multidimensional Poverty Index: A Case Study. International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering Research (IJETER) - Scopus Indexed. www. warse. Org.
- Impact of Microfinance on Poverty: Qualitative Analysis for Grameen Bank Borrowers. International Journal of Financial Research. http://ijfr.sciedupress.com(Scopus)
- Impact of Brexit on Construction Stocks listed on Bursa Malaysia. FGIC 2nd Conference on Governance and Integrity 2019, Malaysia. pages 176–188. DOI 10.18502/kss.v3i22.50.KnE Publishing Platform.
- Microfinance: A Review on institutionalist and Welfarist Approach. Research Journal of Social Science & Management. The International Journal Research Publication.
- Research On Life Long Learning. Research Journal of Commerce and Behavioral Science. The International Journal Research Publication.
- Predicting Likelihood for Loan Default Among Bank Borrowers. International Journal of Financial Research. http://ijfr.sciedupress.com (Scopus)
- Social Versus Financial Performance of Microfinance: Bangladesh Perspective. Research in World Economy. http://www.sciedupress.com/journal/index.php/rwe/article/view/16766/10426 (Scopus)
- Lecturer at Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, From 2004 (Major Subject: Business Finance, Business Strategy, Assurance, Management Information etc.)
- Part-time Lecturer, Faculty of Industrial Management, University Malaysia Pahang (UMP) (Major Subject: Principle of Management, Introduction to Cost Accounting, Project Cost and Budget Management)
- Working Countries: Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates, Djibouti, Somalia, China, Hong Kong
- Working Experience: More than 19 years
- Language: Speaking Reading Writing
English (IELTS 6.50) Good Good Good
Bangla Good Good Good
Hindi Good Workable Poor
- Employment Record:
Major Consultancy activities with ACNABIN: Fiduciary Review (Procurement Review, Financial Management Review & IT Review) for Project funded by World Bank as below;
- Local Government Support Project (LGSP): Implementing Agency: Local Government Division, Ministry of LGRD, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Emergency Cyclone Recovery and Restoration Project (ECRRP): Implementing Agency: Ministry Of Food, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of LGRD, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Secondary Education Quality and Access Enhancement Project (SEQAEP): Implementing Agency: Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP):Implementing Agency: Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- National Agricultural Technology Project (NATP): Implementing Agency: Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Fisheries and Live Stock, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
- Rural Transport Improvement Project (RTIP):Implementing Agency: Local Government Engineering Department, Ministry of LGRD, Government of Bangladesh (GOB)
Dates Attended:April 1, 2006 to December 20, 2009
Employer: Horwath MAK ( U.K Audit and Business Advisor Firm)
Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors
P O Box 6954,
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Position: Senior Auditor and Financial Analyst
Job Responsibility broad outline:
Senior Auditor for External and Internal audit
Reviewer for Compliance for UAE Federal and State local law
Preparing feasibility study/ Project profile.
Preparing loan document and negotiating loan with the bank for funded and unfunded liability.
Dates Attended: July 1, 2005 to March 31, 2006
Employer: Hop Lun BD Ltd. (A Hong Kong Company)
Dhaka Export Processing Zone,
Position: Assistant General Manager (Accounts and Finance)
Job Responsibility broad outline: Head of the Accounts and Finance of Bangladesh operation reporting to Head office, Hong Kong.
Dates Attended: September 7, 2004 to June 30, 2005
Employer: A. Qasem& Co. (An Associated firm of Pricewaterhouse Coopers)
57, Dilkusha C/A,
Position: Manager, Audit
Job Responsibility broad outline:
Full responsibility to complete audit of a client independently (Prime clients: USAID, Dhaka Club, GSP Finance, Dhaka Stock Exchange, Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited, Mercantile Bank, Rural Electrification Board, etc.)
Dates Attended: January 1, 2000 to September 6, 2004.
Employer: Bangladesh Finance and Investment Co. Ltd.
Baitul Hossain Building (2nd Floor)
27 Dilkusha Commercial Area
Position:Vice President (Accounts & Finance)
Job Responsibility in broad outline:
Preparing monthly, quarterly and annually financial statements and Management Report.