Engr. Nahidul Islam, MPA
Consultant (Need Basis):
PPP Procurement, Projects Due-Diligence & Technical Evaluation
After graduating BSc in Civil Engineering from BUET (Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Batch-94) with CGPA: 3.20 in a scale of 4 in 2001, Mr. Islam did his Masters in Public Affairs (MPA) specializing in International Economic Relations (IER) from Bangladesh Institute of Governance and Management (BIGM, former Civil Service College), Dhaka University CGPA: 3.33 in a scale of 4 in 2018.
He was a Civil engineer cum Project Monitoring Consultant at the Public Private Partnership Authority; Prime Minister’s Office, Dhaka, Bangladesh and currently associated with Invesco Global Ltd as a PPP Project Coordinator.
Major role in PPP & Infrastructure Projects:
- Developing and updating project action plans and liaising with relevant stakeholders to monitor progress of Kamalapur Railway hospital PPP Project during project feasibility state;
- Identifying requirements for the project including the amount of land, critical inputs, utility services, site location, connectivity infrastructure and access arrangements that will need to be provided / secured;
- Providing project management support over the project development and procurement phase and assisting in the evaluation of PPP proposals over the procurement phase;
- Identifying requirements for the project including the amount of land, critical inputs, utility services, site location, connectivity infrastructure and access arrangements that will need to be provided / secured.
- Preliminary topographical survey, preliminary estimates of land development issues and survey on existing land condition including site land profile and access to the land,
- identification of facilities and amenities in the project facility (e.g. utility management including power, water, gas etc.).
- Prepare an indicative layout along with area allocation for different components for the
- Project especially for hospital component and commercial complex component.
- Prepare estimates of capital and operating costs for each component of the Projects.
- Develop required technical design, site layout plan, master plan and o their graphical presentation etc.
- Identify Minimum Project Requirements / capacity for each of the project components to be developed by the private developer along with phasing (if applicable) – with list of activities.
- Prepare broad output specification; define key performance indicators (KPIs) and service and operational standards (as applicable) for each of the project components in association with other project consultants, Line ministry and PPP Authority