Md Saiful Islam
Corporate Strategy Consultant
Area of expertise:
- QuickBooks online/ Xero/ Wave/ Sage Peachtree and other Cloud-based accounting systems
- Business Process Audit
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)
- Cost and Management Audit
- Internal Control Assessment and finding the weaknesses
- Preparing Short-term Business plan
- Preparing Long-term Business Plan based on historical trend and upcoming events
- Construction of Financial Distress Predictive Models using IBM-SPSS Software.
- Financial Feasibility Study for start-ups
- Scenario planning and strategic response
- New Venture Definition and Business Plans
- Construction of Market Specific Financial distress Models
- Project Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
University of Leicester, UK with First Class, Marks: 72% in 2014
Thesis title “Predictive capability of financial ratio for forecasting of corporate bankruptcy”.
- SC from University of Dhaka in 1990
- CMI-Level 7 Certificate (Strategic Management and Leadership Program) from Chartered Management Institute, UK in 2017.
- CIMA DIP MA (CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting) from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK in 2016.
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant) from Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Australia in 2007.
- CMA (Part Qualified) from Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh in 1997.
Name of the Organization: SAM & Associates Ltd, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Company Profile: SAM& Associates is a renownedCost and management consultancy firm in Bangladesh specialized in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Digital Transformation, ERP Implementation partnership, Business Advisory services, Taxation consultancy, IT Consultancy.
Designation: Senior Consultant (Corporate Strategy) (November 2019 – Present)
Client Advisory Responsibilities: -
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- QuickBooks/ XERO/ Sage Peachtree and others cloud-based Accounting system consultancy
- Virtual Working Environment consultancy
- Digital Transformation
- ERP Implementation partnership
- Business Advisory services
- VAT/ Tax consultancy
- Corporate Valuation
Name of the Organization: LSF & Co. Management Consultancy, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Company Profile: LSF & Co. is a leading management consultancy firm in Bangladesh specialized in Business Advisory services, Taxation consultancy, IT Consultancy, Executive Education, Cost and Management Audit.
Designation: Corporate Strategy Specialist (Apparel & Textile Sector) (May 2019 –October 2019)
Business Development Projects:- Knit Concern Apparel Group, Godnail, Narayongonj (100% export oriented Apparel manufacturer).
Client Advisory Responsibilities: -
- In depth analysis of Production efficiency and identifying raw material (Yarn, GREY Fabric, Dyeing Chemicals, Finished Fabrics, Accessories) waste leakage points.
- Comparative analysis of Production capacity and actual capacity.
- Benchmarking of business processes (Production Process, Operating Process, Logistics Process etc) with the Apparel & Textile industry best practices.
- Advising on necessary measures to bridge the Gaps between the industry standard and existing practices.
- Identifying the manufacturing process and department KPIs.
- Identifying the Manufacturing process wastage points and setting up of accountability measures.
Name of the Organization:National Investment Corporation, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Company Profile: National Investment Corporation is a semi-government organization owned by a prominent Royal family of Abu Dhabi. The group business interest includes construction, maintenance and operations of Commercial Real Estate, High-end shopping centers, Five-star Hotels, Health clubs.
Designation:Chief Accountant (Aug’2006 to May’2019)
- Managing & supervising of accounting information system.
- Review and analysis of the departmental financial performances & generating & submitting reports.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results.
- Review Tax transactions and ensure correct allocation of respective transaction as per tax codes.
- Ensure Tax details reports are in compliance with the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) regulations.
- Maintaining Liaison with banks and financial institutions.
- Supporting and Year-end Audit Program.
- Supporting External Auditors for Interim Audit & also the internal auditors.
- Coordinating with other departments for facilitating cross departmental functions.
- Review supplier contracts to ensure legal and company policy compliance.
- Supervise accountants to prepare internal reports related to Revenue, Expense, Fixed Assets, Payable, Receivables, Payroll, Service contracts.
- Ensure payments and commitments are executed in accordance with payment terms of contracts, authority matrix and company policy.
- Preparation and compilation of yearly budget, monthly and quarterly& mid-year financial forecasts.
- Train team members on Tax regulations, Accounting Standards compliance, MS Dynamics GP (Accounting System) functionality, FRX (Reporting tool) functionality.
- Reduced Project cost and optimized project duration by applying project management methodology for Capital Expenditures& Collaborating with Banks for project finance and financial facilities.
- Minimized revenue loss by Introducing Fast on boarding and clearance process for the merchants.
- Successful Implementation of Micro Soft Dynamics 365 (ERP System).
- Served as a key member during ERP System Installation work.
- Implementation of CRM to optimize customer relationship and revenue collection.
- Formulated Departmental Strategies & implemented several cost reduction techniques.
- Reduced Accounts Receivable from AED 100 million to AED 40 million.
- Disbursing & Monitoring Budget for mega projects with approximate value of AED 4 billion.
Name of the Organization: ADCOMGroup Limited, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Company Profile: ADCOM Manufacturing Group is a Government controlled manufacturing facility with business interest in manufacturing of Military equipment including UAV (Unmanned Ariel Vehicles), Small arms, Armored military vehicles, etc.
Designation:Senior Accountant(February 1998 - July 2006)
Responsibilities and Major Contributions: -
- Implementation of Project /Contract Profitability analysis, Project wise costing & cash flow forecast.
- Supporting External Auditors for completion of year-end and interim Audit programs.
- Set up and administer accounting systems & Design & implemented Computerized accounting system.
- Examine financial records and transactions & Ensured accuracy & compliance to accounting standards.
- Review general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure monthly management reporting is done within agreed time frame.
- Analyse& prepare financial statements and reports & Compile annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Provided information on financial status by preparing special reports such as weekly & monthly sales report and monthly operational expenses status.
- Prepared transaction flow chart and documentation procurement process, Leasing Process, Payment Process, Review general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations.
- Designed Financial reporting template and introduced new analytical reports as per higher management requirement
Name of the Organization: AMCO Fashions Ltd. (A 100% Export oriented Garments and Apparel Manufacturer) Dhaka, Bangladesh
Designation : Financial Accountant (August 1996 - January 1998)
Responsibilities: -Recording Transactions, Bank Reconciliation, Payment Processing, Staff Payroll processing, Financial Management, Financial Reporting.
Specialized Computer and Technological Skills:
1) Zendesk, Citrix, Dropbox, Google Drive, SharePoint, and other communication tools.
2) QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics 365, XERO, Sage 50cloud Accounting Systems.
3) Uploading mass transactions/ yearly budget in Accounting Systems from MS Excel or CSV files.
Soft Skills: Public Speaking, Leadership, Negotiation, Persuasion
Language: Fluent in Bangla and English