- Member of Amnesty International Human Rights UK
- Member of East London University Alumni UK
- Member of Dhaka Bar Association, Bangladesh
- Member of Bar Council Association, Bangladesh
- Executive Member of National Woman Lawyers’ Association
- M. On Human Rights, East London University, London, United Kingdom, Grade: B, Year: 2009-2010
- M. On International Law, Dhaka University, Bangladesh, Grade: First Class, Year: 1999 – 2000.
- Bar Vocational Course (BVC), Bangladesh Bar Council, Grade: Very Competent, Year: 1998 – 1999.
- B (Honours), Dhaka University, Bangladesh, Grade , High 2.1, Year: 1996 – 1998.
July 2015 -Till Date: Office Administrative, Sovereign Global Consultants Ltd, 507 Cambridge Heath Road London E2 9 BU.
Duties: Helping throughout the all brunches of the organisation, Data entry on the base of Company Accounts, Prepared and collect the invoices, Email and others Stuff.
October 2013- June2014: Office Administrative, LPS, 31 Fair cross Parade, IG11 8UW.
Duties: Providing valuable help throughout the organisation, Like data entry specialists, customer service representatives and a variety of other office Stuff.
July 2013- August 2013: Voluntary Consultant, ELREC, 14 Forth Street, Edinburgh Scotland EH1 3LH.
Duties: Advising clients over the telephone and in person in various areas of Human Rights, Education Law (School admission and exclusion), Small Claims, Personal injury Law, Land Lords & Tenants etc
October 2009 – December 2009: Research Assistant, IFF Research, BBC World Services Trust, 16 Church Street, London N1 6DD.
Duties: It was a research project related to Bangladeshi diaspora and I have carried out a research on working Interviewing to Bengali people in the research areas and raise awareness of development issues among mass audiences and behaviours amongst less privileged communities through a wide range of educational development and build capacity in the media sector in developing and transitional countries.
March 2006 – 10th February 2009: LECTURER, Department of Law, BRAC UNIVERSITY, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: To prepare lectures on various areas of Tort, Contract, Muslim law, Jurisprudence, Transfer of Property Act. & Human Rights Law. To be responsible for dealing with referred issues for students within own educational programs. To resolve problems affecting the delivery of courses within the own educational program and in accordance with University regulations and also Students counselling session.
October 2007 – January 2009: SENIOR LECTURER, Department of Law, Atish Dipankar University of Science & Technology (ADUST), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: To design, develop and deliver a range of programs of teaching to students, to enable them to complete their studies successfully, and to determine, develop and carry out relevant independent research projects to extend knowledge of the appropriate subject area. To determine relevant research objectives and prepare research proposals. To disseminate concepts and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding. To be responsible for dealing with referred issues for students within own educational programs. To resolve problems affecting the delivery of courses within own educational program, and in accordance with University regulations.
November 2004 – March 2006: LAW OFFICER, Land Reform Board, Land Ministry, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: Monitoring of all litigations and providing an opinion on the legal issues related to land and property and others.
March 1999 – May 2003: RESEARCHER, Legal Aid Services & Trust, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties: It was a project on the registration of marriages and divorces in Bangladesh. The research was carried out in 28 districts out of 6 Divisions in Bangladesh following a method of interviewing. Both men and woman were interviewed. I have written a report that has explored the marriage and divorce system in both rural and urban society in Bangladesh.
A research paper titled, “The Code of Civil Procedure and causes of delay in the disposal of civil suits in Bangladesh”.
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS ATTENDED
- The second training of trainer (TOT), Course on Gender & Development (GAD) From 23 July-04 August 2005, jointly organized by Academy for Planning and Development & Ministry of Woman and Children Affairs Supported by United Nations Development Program
- Gender sensitization Program (GSTP), 2000, organized by Legal Education and Training Institute (LETI), Bangladesh Bar Council and The Canadian International Development Agency
- Clinical Legal Education Program (CLEP), 1997, organized by Ford Foundation in the Faculty of Law, Dhaka University
- English for Law (EFL), 2000 organized by Legal Education and Training Institute (LETI), Bangladesh Bar Council
PRIZES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Postgraduate Scholarship of Dhaka University in obtaining First Class in LL.M
- 1999: Graduate Scholarship of Dhaka University, High 2.1 in LL.B
- Gold Medal in Debate 1992 National debate competition in inter-college
Languages: Bengali (Fluent), English (Fluent).
I.T. Experience: Microsoft Words, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet Browsing.
Football, Cricket, tennis, Cooking , Reading books, Cinema, Music and travelling to new countries and places.
1) Prof. M. Siraj Sait
Professor and Director CIFLAC, University of East London
Phone: 020 8223 2238.
2) Mr Mark Berker
Manager, Sovereign Global Consultants Ltd
Phone: 020 7729 1255
3)Mrs Maharun Ahmmed
Bar-At-Law RMS Immigration Limited
8 Davenant Street, London E1 5NB
Phone: 020 7247 2557